The Recall Drug Rundown
Background and Theory
It is very important to handle the effects that alcohol, drugs and even medicines have on a case.
The above substances are all different types of drugs; they have become so common in use in society that this needs a specific address and handling in all pc's. It has to be checked and addressed early on as it affects the pc's ability to run processes and get stable gains. Drugs can make a case resistive and the only thing that will handle it is, that the subject of these substances gets addressed directly.
There are both an objective and a subjective handling that needs to be done. As objective steps there are the Sauna handling of drugs and substances (Cleansing RD) and the Objective processes. None of these approaches involve the person's subjective think. They work at a physical level so to speak. They are very effective when done correctly.
Both the objective and the subjective handlings are necessary to handle the problem completely. Neither of them will do it alone. There are two different types of subjective drug Rundowns:
The Recall Drug Rundown
There is the Recall Drug RD contained in this writing, which uses simple recall as the main process.
The Engram Drug Rundown
Then there is the Drug Engrams Handling, where incidents like Engrams (incidents with unconsciousness and pain) and Secondaries (incidents with loss and emotion) are addressed.
Since Engram running should not be attempted on people, who have gone Clear and is too steep a process on a beginning pc, this approach is now only used as part of Engram Clearing (Grade 5).
It is used as an in-depth handling of the effects of
drugs at that point on pc's who have already received the Recall Drug RD. Thus the Recall Drug Rundown is an important action as
that is the action that enables pc's to be able to continue up the Grades with
Drug Rundown - Outline
The Recall Drug Rundown uses the following tools:
1. The first step is the 'Rehabilitation Step'. It uses the auditing techniques known as 'Rehab tech'. It unsticks the pc from masses pulled in during drug experiences known as 'trips' or 'highs' or intoxications.
2. Then an extensive Recall handling is done to further handle the effects of drugs.
3. A third step is a short action of objective processing used to extrovert the pc after the charge has been handled. The full battery of Objectives are not used here, as that is usually done before the Recall Drug RD.
A person taking drugs will often experience some kind of 'release'. That is often his primary motivation for taking the substances. We call it a chemical release. It is technically very different from what we mean by 'release' in auditing.
Release means: When a pc disconnects from the Bank it is a release. Also, when you take a thetan out of a mass it is a release. There is another phenomenon in auditing called erasure. That is when the mass itself is gotten rid of. (This is accomplished on the Drug Engram handling). Those are two different things. Release is simply the mass is intact, but it has moved away and is not influencing the pc negatively. There occur many releases in the course of auditing. The Grade Chart of all the releases a pc obtains going up the Grades illustrates that.
Rehab or Rehabilitation means: The auditing procedure for regaining a former release state. The original release occurred, when the pc became aware of something and it caused part of the Reactive Mind to destimulate or move away. In rehab this point of destimulation is again found and the state of release is restored or rehabilitated.
Chemical release: When somebody takes drugs he can get the sensation of a release from the Bank, while mass is actually being pulled in. This is one of the factors which make drugs as deadly as they are.
This is what we call a 'Chemical release'. It can be located and rehabbed. Rehabbing a chemical release will cause the person to become unstuck from the mass pulled in during 'trips'.
Rehabbing these chemical releases or 'trips' is now the first step of the Recall Drug RD.
The charge a pc has on drugs can be released by using simple recall techniques on the drug incidents.
The technique of Recall has been known and used successfully on different conditions since the early 1950s.
When the recall step has been fully completed the pc is being run on some objective processes. This is only to get the pc's attention into present time and extrovert him from his Bank. It is not a long parade of objectives on the Recall Drug RD itself. As mentioned above the Objective processes have their own place in a full drug handling and that is prior to this Rundown.
The technical data needed to deliver the Recall Drug RD is contained in this write-up and in the Rehab procedure. Both have to be studied and drilled thoroughly before the auditor should attempt to do the Rundown.
Correct Place for Rundown
Drugs are usually the very first thing to handle in a new pc. The correct sequence for handling drugs is:
1. The Sauna handling of drugs (Cleansing RD). Here the pc gets rid of drugs and substances in the body that has accumulated and remained in the body tissue and affected the pc.
2. A full Objective Processes program. This includes the pc doing TRs as well. The Objective processes can be organized as a co-audit activity. (You can find detailed information about Objectives in Level 1 Index).
3. The Recall Drug Rundown.
4. Also the Recall Drug RD can be done or redone at a later point of a pc's auditing history (but as directed by the C/S). It can be checked and completed/redone on a pc, who due to illness or other conditions have had additional drug experiences that need to be handled.
5. The Drug Engram handling is only used on CT Grade 5 (after Grade 0-4 is completed). Formerly this Engram handling was used on all pc's and early in their auditing. But it tended to become a very long action and it could be hard to do for a beginning pc. The purpose of the Engram Drug RD is to accomplish an erasure (rather than a key-out) of drug-related masses (Engrams) in the pc's mind. This is now done as a follow-up and in-depth action with excellent gains and benefits, but only when the pc is fully ready and set up for it.
0. If the pc has never had a PC Info Sheet done this would be the first action. It provides the auditor and the C/S with valuable basic information about the pc. Also there are questions about drugs, medicines and alcohols the pc have taken or used in his past.
1. Fly pc's rudiments as to start the Rundown with F/N VGI's and pc ready for a Major Action.
2. Get an accurate and complete list of drugs, medicines and alcohols the pc has used or taken in this lifetime.
If you did step (0) or if a list already exists you may use that. If you make such a list, make sure to mark all reads that occur instantly and other valid reads.
3. Clear the terms 'Release' and 'Rehab' and the full rehab procedure (if not already done). You use the instructions in the chapter 'How to Rehab'. It is important the pc has a good understanding of this procedure and of 'Chemical releases' so he knows what to look for and where you are going.
A. Rehabbing Drugs
1. Give pc the R-factor: "We are going to do a rehab of releases on drugs and substances."
2. Clear the question: "Did you go release on (drug)?"
You explain, you will fit a drug into the question before asking it.
3. Take the first drug from the list and check it with the pc while keeping an eye on the Meter for instant read.
Note: You check each drug on the list for release, whether it had a read or not when listed. As you are looking for periods in pc's past where he felt released due to the influence of the drug, it does not have to read in present time. If pc had a release in the past it should read on the question in (2).
4. If the question in (2) reads, find out how many times pc went release and it should F/N. This action can be very quick. Do not try to overdo it.
5. If there is no read on the question but pc says he went release, check 'Suppress' and 'Invalidate' buttons. (The Assert and Protest buttons can be used if pc is assertive or protesty about having gone release).
6. If the question reads but the pc says he didn't go release, it may be a Protest or False read. Check for this and handle per button handling in 'Flying Ruds'.
7. If you get no read on the question, check Suppress and Invalidate buttons. If still no read, assume the pc did not go release and don't try to rehab it. Instead you do the rudiment step (8).
8. If pc didn't go release on the drug (or if you see indicators of an ARC break while doing a rehab) handle the rudiments related to the drug.
a. "IN TAKING (drug) WAS THERE AN ARC BREAK?"
(Handle per Flying Ruds to F/N VGI).
b. "IN TAKING (the drug) WAS THERE A PROBLEM?"
(Itsa E/S Itsa to F/N per Flying Ruds).
c. "IN TAKING (the drug) WAS A WITHHOLD MISSED?"
(Handle per Flying Ruds to F/N).
If any of the rudiments were out it could have obscured the release. That's one reason you put them in. Now that they are in, you recheck for 'Release?' if answer is still negative, don't go any further. Take up the next drug from the list.
9. There can be instances, where the Rehab couldn't be taken to F/N even though it seemed the pc went release. If this should happen, you check the rudiments on the period before the release. Use these questions:
a. "BEFORE THE RELEASE ON (the drug) WAS THERE AN ARC BREAK?"
b. "BEFORE THE RELEASE ON (the drug) WAS THERE A PROBLEM?"
c. "BEFORE THE RELEASE ON (the drug) WAS A WITHHOLD MISSED?"
With the ruds now in you can continue the rehab.
10. Occasionally you can run into a valid release that just don't seem to rehab. In that case check the following: "DID YOU TAKE ANYTHING EARLIER ON THE TRACK THAT WAS SIMILAR TO (the drug)?"
When you find this, you rehab the earlier drug.
When that is done you go back to the drug from the list and rehab that so the original one is rehabbed.
11. Repeat these steps 3-10 as called for until each drug, medicine and alcohol on the list has been taken through the needed steps.
12. When all the drugs, medicines and alcohols on the list have been run through this, you ask the pc:
"Are there any drugs, medicines or alcoholic drinks you would like to add to the list?"
All the auditing on the above are sure to have refreshed the pc's memory in the area and you add any new items he now brings forward. (If pc should originate new drugs during the RD you would of course add these to the list as well).
On any additional items you do the steps 3-10 as explained above, until the full and added to list has been exhausted.
That completes the rehab step of the Recall Drug RD. You will need to drill it very well before doing it in session. The next step is simpler.
B. Recall Step
The next step is Recall. Each reading item from the list is taken up on Recall processes. You do not check for pc's interest (as on certain other processes). If it reads, you run it.
You take the drug with the largest Read and and clear and check the Flow 1 command. You only run flows and processes that reads per 'Clearing Commands' in this manual. You clear and run of course a wording that makes sense on each flow:
F1: "RECALL A TIME YOU TOOK/HAD (the drug)"
F2: "RECALL A TIME YOU GAVE ANOTHER (the drug)"
F3: "RECALL A TIME ANOTHER GAVE ANOTHER OR OTHERS (the drug)"
F0: "RECALL A TIME YOU DECIDED YOURSELF TO TAKE/HAVE (the drug)"
Each reading command and flow is run repetitively to F/N, Cog, VGI's.
Note: When you get the answer "Yes" you must make sure you also get what the incident was. If not, you ask pc, "What was it?"
In this way you run each reading drug. You pick the one with the next largest read on the list when you are done with the first one.
When all the reading drugs from your list has been run, you go back to your drug list and reassess the ones, that wasn't run. You use buttons 'Suppress' and 'Invalidate', etc. as needed to find all charged and available items. You should most likely end up with all the drugs having read and consequently been run on recall.
That completes the Recall step.
C. Objective Step
The final step on the Recall Drug RD is to run the pc on
an Objective process. The purpose for this step is to extrovert the pc's
attention and get it away from the Bank and onto the environment. You would use
an objective process the pc hasn't been run on before but otherwise almost any
Objective process would serve the purpose. You can use Reach and Withdraw on the
Environment for simplicity.
Ability Gained and EP
The Ability Gained from the Rundown is:
"Release from harmful effects of drugs medicines and alcohol."
With a pc set fully up for it, including the Sauna handling of drugs and the full battery of Objective processes as described above, this is exactly what the pc will achieve.
Sometimes this EP comes about as a sudden resurgence in the pc towards the end of the steps of the Rundown. You may observe a sudden resurgence and pc going from being introverted to extroverted. What has happened is a major shift from pc being parked in drug incidents down his track to coming into present time.
The pc may have a big cognition at this point a dial wide F/N and VVGI's. If this should happen you can safely end the whole Recall step at this point. You would still do the Objective process point in a later session.
The above is not to be taken to mean, that you routinely would end the Recall step just because the pc had a good win on it. If you are in doubt if pc EP'ed before the end of all the steps, it is better to err to the side, that he didn't.
You would end the session you are doing on a big win, whether it would be the EP for the whole Rundown or not.
It can happen that one particular recall process runs deeper and longer than any other. You may even see the manifestation of drugs dramatized in session. This is basically a good indicator as far as the auditing is concerned. Just remember "The way out is the way through."
Cautions and Notes to C/S
Never run recall of the same drug twice. Recalls are key-out processes and pushing flows way beyond the EP can pull masses in and mess up the case.
There is a list known as End of Endless Drug Rundown that is used for messed up Drug Engram handling and the Drug Recall RD as well. It is a Class 3 action.
When this present Rundown was first published in 1980, there were many pc's that had been audited on Drug Engram Handling according to the old rules. Engram running after Clear (that is forbidden now) and auditing pc's that couldn't really run Engrams were happening regularly under the old rules. The problems all this led to are not occurring under to the new rules.
Whatever problems the pc should run into, the End of Endless Drug Rundown should cover.
Usually the Recall Drug RD is a smooth and successful
action with minimal problems. It can be run as a co-audit. Just study and drill
the procedures well and you will have an easy go of it.
Note: The Objectives are not part of CT-0. They will be on CT-1, when released. Online there are even additional Objective processes. The CCHs 1-11 are the ones usually run before the Recall Drug RD.